Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Preparing for the Apocalypse


I'm not sure where this thought came from, but I've got it in my mind that once the baby comes, I'm never leaving the house ever again (or at least not until February). So Kyle and I have been preparing our place like it's a bunker in the 1960s and we're waiting for atomic war to happen.

We've got a nursery chock full of neatly buttoned cloth diapers (thanks, Jaimie L., for helping stuff them!) and baby clothes organized by type and by month (let's see how long that lasts). In the kitchen, the pantry and the freezer are full of food enough to last until Doomsday. 

Call it nesting, call it OCD, but I've been cooking and baking in the past month like a crazy woman. Here are some of my recent creations: 


Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits


Round Bread

More Bread

Apple Cake from Cooking Light

Lemon Meringue Pie (most time-consuming thing on the planet -- but dang tasty)


Popcorn Balls

More Chicken Pot Pie & Chicken Soup

We only have a few days/weeks left until this little critter makes his appearance. The good news is, at least we won't starve while we're trapped in the house all winter. But he'd better come quick: we're running out of space! 


No comments:

Post a Comment