Monday, March 28, 2011

Getting Back to Normal

Just a quick post to say that even though folk are leaving and radiation is spreading across the entire country of Japan (hyperbole), there's gasoline in Takasaki and my life feels normal. I filled up today and feel lighter somehow, even though I want to keep biking to school since it's good exercise. It's Spring Break but I'm working till Thursday; after that I'm going to Chiba and then on to Hakone for what looks like a fun weekend! I am furious at the weather for not being warmer sooner, but that's only to be expected here at the end of March. I hear it snowed in NC so I won't complain too much here.

This past weekend was Party Central, apparently: a Friday night Going-Away party for T (who prefers to remain anonymous) and a Saturday night birthday party for H (who may or may not want to have his name on the internet). It was nice to meet so many fun people from across the globe.

That's all that's going on now. I hope everyone else is doing well.

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are getting a little bit better and that you're doing OK. Hope I can catch up with you when you're back in the States in July!

    Take care,
    Jen F.

    ReplyDelete