Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Food to Eat

I'm going back to North Carolina from July 22-August 10. I just hope three weeks is enough time to eat all of this:


Breakfast
  • Mom’s Homemade Waffles & real bacon
  • Frosted Mini Wheats, Honeycomb, Lucky Charms (I can get the healthy stuff here in Japan)
  • Blueberry muffins on Sunday morning
  • Grits, eggs, and biscuits with sausage gravy
  • Cream cheese, salmon, tomato and caper bagels
  • Everything delicious at Jan’s Diner in Greensboro (with Eddie)
  • Everything delicious at Smith Street Diner
  • Mangos and jicama with lime juice and salt

Lunch
  • Ham, tomato, lettuce, pickle, and bacon sandwiches
  • Arby’s roast beef sandwich and curly fries
  • Cheeseburgers at Beef Burger
  • Homemade Mexican food from my previous TAT clients J
  • Anything at all from La Vaca Ramona
  • San Luis (with Kathy)
  • Chick-Fil-A
  • Wendy’s
  • Cheeseburgers on the grill, potato chips, baked beans, and pickles
  • Pizza from New York Pizza on Tate St.
  • Pho from Pho Hien Voung
  • Panera Bread (with my mom)
  • Jack’s Corner  

 Dinner
  • Fried chicken, sweet tea, and dinner rolls 
  • Garden vegetables: green peas, green beans, summer squash, tomatoes, corn on the cob . . .
  • Bobbi Jo’s roast with carrots and onions and potatoes
  • Rusty’s homemade macaroni and cheese
  • Spiced apple rings
  • Peas with baby onions
  • A real ham
  • Mom’s lasagna with lots of ricotta cheese
  • A steak and a baked potato from Fleming’s
  • Tuesday night tacos at La Azteca (if that’s still its name)
  • Plain applesauce
  • Frozen pizza and/or Papa John’s
  • Natty Greene’s or M’Coul’s
  • The Filling Station


Dessert
  • Angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream
  • Lemon meringue pie
  • Pound cake
  • Greek baklava from Jack's Corner
  • Greek yogurt with fruit
  • A cold watermelon and a cold cantaloupe, lightly salted


 I think if I eat all of this, I will have a good dose of North Carolina to keep me going, and I’ll be good to go back to Japan for another year. Before perhaps I head off to South America . . .

4 comments:

  1. Wow you just reminded me of all the food back in NC! Im surprised you didnt mention BBQ sandwiches, Cook-out burgers or La Hacienda! Blasphemous! I dont know if you have tried one of the local beers around Greensboro called Red Oak, but I HIGHLY recommend picking some up at the Wine/Alcohol store. Its really good stuff, Ive been trying to figure out a way to ship it to Japan and give as a present to my supervisor....

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOK-OUT!!!!! I am suddenly drooling!!!! I love some Red Oak, too! It's gonna be a good pigging out time when I get home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great list! My mouth is watering just reading it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot Chipotle. And what about micro brew?

    ReplyDelete