Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Teachers and New School Year

Last year, when all was new, I wrote a long post about graduation, going-away ceremonies, new student matriculation ceremonies, new teachers coming in, and all of the huff and fluff that comes with the ending of one school year in March and the beginning of the new school year in April.

Since you've read the same thing already, I won't bore you with the details of this year's changes. I will say that my favorite teacher/supervisor/mentor left my school to go work in the Board of Education, which makes me very sad because we won't be teaching together. We will see each other once or twice every few months when I have B.O.E. meetings, but it's not the same. Most of the new teachers seem cool--again, they're young like last time!

There's a 22- (23?) year old girl who just graduated from college who will teach math, a 29-year old P.E. teacher (married to my old JTE from two years ago--how funny that he works in the same school she did!), and a 28-year old Japanese teacher who sits in front of me and who luckily can speak a little English. My new JTE is a friendly, energetic woman in her 30s; I'm looking forward to working together. There's also an assortment of "older" (40+?) teachers who seems like nice people, in the two days that I've known them.

It's a strange feeling, though, to know that I'm only going to be working here for three and a half more months. It's just enough time to get to know everyone well and become friends before it's time to pack up and move out. I hope my successor enjoys working here as much as I did! It looks like she/he will have a lot of cool people to hang out with at work! It's the teachers as much as the students who make this job so enjoyable; I'm a lucky girl to have had so many nice folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment