Saturday, October 8, 2016

All My Friends



Well, would ya look at that. I saw five good friends in a week!

Kyle and I spent last Saturday afternoon in Greensboro with my friend E from UNCG. We helped her move some boxes, and in exchange, she fed us some delicious chicken and rice. Good times!

Wednesday and Thursday I found myself in Greensboro again, this time at a conference for work. And both days I was able to connect with old pals for lunch. 

Friend 1, the one who left me to take a job in the mountains, was on this side of the state for a few days for school, and Kyle, the kittens, and I were able to host her. 

And tonight, we're off to hockey with moved-to-Charlotte Friend, who is in town only to watch the Hurricanes play (you all know who I'm talking about). 

I guess things aren't quite so dire as they seemed. Friends may be far away, but can always come close again. 

Anne of Green Gables (well, Anne of Avonlea), said once, "Do you know, I'm so thankful for friendship. It beautifies life so much."

Well said, Anne. Well said. 

1 comment: