Saturday, September 4, 2010

Hello, Internet!

Just a quick note to say I have internet in my house, now! The guy from NTT knocked on my door at 11:30 this morning, spoke really quickly in Japanese, in which I only understood "You're Jaimie Foster, right?" and came in, searching for my phone jack. He looked at me and kept talking, while I was scrambling for my cell phone to call my host mom. I finally got ahold of her, and he related to her that it would take an hour or two to finish his work, and that I could leave if I wanted to. So I left, and when I came back an hour later, he was gone and a nice happy box with a blue ethernet wire connected to it was sitting on the floor near the jack. My friend who spent the night last night had done this before, so she quickly programmed my computer, typed in my password, and suddenly "CONNECTED" flashed on the screen. And oh! the bliss, the joy, the rapture, that I can use my computer with its real keyboard, and watch movies and TV shows, and finally download that huge Japanese-English dictionary file that I've been coveting for two weeks. Ureshii desu!!! (I am happy!!!) I can finally write long emails again!

1 comment:

  1. I know that has to feel great! Glad you're connected again!

    ReplyDelete