Wednesday, October 6, 2010

You Knew This Was Coming

I apologize for being that girl in Japan to talk about sushi. But. Tonight. I had the best sushi I've ever had in my life.
My neighbors from down the street invited me to their house for dinner. Y-san had hand-made sushi: some with egg, some with mushrooms and cucumbers, some with beef, some with fish, and all of them absolutely divine. Restaurant food doesn't compare with her. Also on the menu were:
-braised (?) fish in some kind of delicious soy-sauce based sauce
-kuri (?): fish and cheese
-breaded pork cutlets
-cabbage salad
-salted cucumbers
-biiru and sake

We usually have tofu too but not tonight.

And since there was sushi left over, I got to take it home and it will be my breakfast tomorrow.

I'm going to bed happy tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Damn! Japanese are soo hospitable, its ridiculous. The one meal I've had at a Japanese house reads similarly.

    I believe kuri are chestnuts. In fact, I'm eating them right now - kurigohan

    ReplyDelete