Monday, August 2, 2010

Full Day #1

It still doesn't really seem like I'm in Tokyo, considering I spend all day long with 1,000 (or 2,000?) other English-speaking people. But tonight I got my first glimpse of what it's going to be like. Two other JETs and I ventured out into the city near the hotel and I spent an hour and a half gawking in amazement and taking pictures of literally almost everything I saw. (These pictures will be on Facebook soon, and I'll probably open a Flikr account, too.) It isn't like Mexico City, or New York, or Madrid, or Chicago, or any other big city I've been to....but in a way it's exactly the same. Everything is new to me, and thrilling and exciting, but terrifying because I have no way to really communicate with anyone. But it's fascinating to be here where everything is new (and strangely familiar?). It will be exciting to see how my feelings change as the months progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment